Agar plates have been a trusted tool among mushroom growing enthusiasts for decades, and their popularity is on the rise again. Here's how they work:
Start by squirting a tiny amount of spore solution onto the plate, and incubate for a few days. Soon, you'll see white mycelium patches forming. With agar, you can select the fastest growing and most robust mycelium for use in your growing project, while also being able to isolate any mold without damaging your culture plate.
Isolating a culture is the key to growing the biggest and best mushrooms, like the ones you see in pictures on many forums. Once you've chosen your mycelium colony, create a still air box or use a flow hood to cut a piece of the agar out and place it into a spawn bag, spawn jar, or liquid culture to grow.
While working with agar may seem intimidating and prone to contamination, the chloramphenicol added to our plates greatly reduces the risks. You'll find it's easier than you could imagine to get started with your mushroom growing project using our agar plates.
Read our Blog about using Agar by clicking Here
Watch video on using Agar and Agar Slants Here!
Learn more about using Agar by clicking Here
- 10 Sterilized Malt Extract Agar plates
- 100mm Polystyrene Petri Dishes
- Made with perfect blend of ingredients to promote healthy mycelium colonies
- Pressure sterilized & Poured in our lab using laminar flow hood
- Chloramphenicol added to resist contamination
- Store agar plates in the fridge and use within 3-4 weeks for optimal results
- Plates come in assorted colors. Colors help us keep dates accurate and also look neat!
Overall Customer Rating of 24 Reviews: